Since returning from our Holiday, life is racing ahead and I am finding it really difficult to slow down and take the time to scrap.
It is frustrating me because I really want to get messy and be creative.
The other night I sat down and created a page to try and get the mojo flowing....
I was not 100% happy with the outcome...something isn't balanced....but it was a start and maybe tonight I can try again.
I played along with Scrapfriends as I adore their sketches so it seemed like a good starting point.
This is the sketch:
And my page:
On a more colourful fun note, on Sunday I took part in The Swisse Color Run Melbourne. It was the best fun. If you are not aware of the concept, you run/walk/dance your way through a 5km course and at each km point you are sprayed with a coloured powder. Then at the end of the course, you join in the "mosh pit"
with your bag of coloured powder you have a dance and a laugh and basically you look something like this at the end:
No not the prettiest photo of me and I am not sure what is wrong with the girl behind me but honestly, if you get the chance to take part in The Color Run in your area, do it. You will have a blast.
I am doing it next year and taking the kids along. I thought I might lose one if I took them but even with 12,000 people, it was so well organised and lots of space so I am sure I would keep them safe...
And, I cannot wait to create a background to scrap the event. Expect some COLOUR.
Jasx

I think your page is perfect the way it is. I love the photo and those splashes of teal are beautiful. You have also nailed the sketch. Wow, and good on you for the fun run ! It DOES look like a lot of fun and those photos will be fantastic to scrap. xx
ReplyDeleteYour page is awesome!! Don't know what you're talking about!! I love the dramatic colors, especially :) I know how it is...it's so hard to get back into it if you take a break!! I'm actually stuck in that place right now..trying to pull through it, lol!!
ReplyDeleteThe color run looks like tons of fun!!!
Cant wait to see this photo scrapped! well done!!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a fabulous time!!! What a fun idea.
ReplyDeleteps- love your awesome LO too..x
You look gorgeous in rainbow Jas! ;) Excellent layout, unlike me at least you are scrapping current events that's gotta be a good thing.
ReplyDeleteGreat Sketch!
HI.. yeah I think the time flying by toooo fast is my problem as well... don't know where the days are going.... I love the layout, that is a fabulous sketch from SF... and wow, good on you for going in the run.. and I am sure your layout about it will be magnificent..
ReplyDeleteIt's always hard getting back into creating after a bit of a pause~ but getting that first layout past you is key! And you've created something that is beautiful, artistic, and created in mixed media bliss :)~ fabulous work, my friend!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had fun with your run, hee hee!! ;)~ great pics!
xErin
I know what you mean about things being so busy, that it's hard to relax and scrap - guess it's that time of year when everything finishes and gets crazy!! Love this page though - your work always inspires me - love your arty flair :) The colour run looks awesome - go you!!
ReplyDeleteLove your lo Jas. Everything just blends in so well! Fabulous, fun pics too!
ReplyDeleteI love this!
ReplyDeleteLove that LO and that photo!! The script looks amazing!!
ReplyDeleteThat color run looks like so much fun!!! Do u raise money for a specific cause? Or is it just for fun??
Looks pretty dang good to me! In fact that bg looks brilliant & the colours are fabulous....great texture going on as always...soooo glad you came & played with us at Scrap Friends:):):)
ReplyDeletewell I love this layout, your usual messy grungy style PERFECT!
ReplyDeleteLove all the inky watercoloury effects on that layout! Hahaha to the comment on the girl behind you! I was also wondering LOL!! That would never work for us - we all have terrible hayfever :) Looks like fun though!!!
ReplyDeleteHi Jas!! Seems like ages since I have been over here to visit. The Colour Run looks like so much fun. Cannot wait to see the background you create to go with your photo!! LOVE your layout for Scrapfriends too!! I may have to check them out because that sketch is fantastic. Hope you find some time to scrap soon!! :-) xoxo
ReplyDeleteAh, I know that feeling right now, trying to get back into it with my scrapping after being away. Think I might go sketch hunting! Of course, I love that page.
ReplyDeleteHow much fun does that colour run look like. :))
Have a nice weekend XO
Your layout looks fab Jasmine! I can't wait to see you scrap these photos. They are brilliant and what an awesome idea.
ReplyDeleteHope things slow down for you soon. xx
beautiful take on the sketch and gorgeous page! thanks for playing along with us at ScrapFriends!
ReplyDeleteFantastic layout, Jas!!! And love that photo of you! The coloured powder reminds me of Pink's video clip "Try". Looks like so much fun!!! And Lol I was wondering what was wrong with the girl behind you too. :D
ReplyDeletegorgeous page.just love the black, cream and aqua together..great details too!...thanks so much for playing along at SF! :)
ReplyDeletewow I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee your page and sounds like awesome color fun too .... the powder may irritate my eyes though ???I just loved that sketch over at Scrapfriends ... it was my GD spot and I adore all the sketches xoxoxo
ReplyDeletewow what a fantastic page !
ReplyDelete