About me, my family and anything scrap related

Monday, October 8, 2012

White With 1

Happy Monday one and all.

The kids have returned to school and I am like a woman possessed. I think I have achieved as much today (and it is only 1pm) as I did in the two weeks they were home.
AND I have not had to sweep and clean up after them, bless their little hearts.....lol.

So popping in to share my White With 1 page for October.
Our challenge this month is to create a page using White + Yellow + Stars.

Love yellow, don't love stars.....well sometimes if they fit into a page but generally I don't use stars so this was a challenge.
They are in there. It is sort of like "spot the star".



Love this photo of me and two of four having fun on our trip to the City.

Over the holidays the kiddies hassled me to scrap.....so we did.  They chose their photos, then they chose their papers (and I even let them choose from my "good" papers) and then I pulled out a heap of "stuff" and they chose the pieces they wanted for embellishments.  So I let me go for it and they used mod podge with a paint brush to stick it all on.  They then requested paint.....so I put the paint out and then ran for my life......
Some time later when they called out that they had finished, I went in and Wow, they had done a great job.  I was so impressed.
So why am I boring you with this?? Well I was going to post their pages but I first sent them to Scrapbooking Memories who have accepted them all.  I really hope for their sake they are published.
Keep a look out for the "Shea Scrappers" in a future edition....maybe.

See you soon.

Jasx

19 comments:

  1. Oh I love that subtle bit of texture Jasmine...soft and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!!! I may try this challenge! It has been sooo long! I love the colour yellow and I love your subtle stars! And thank you for your lovely words on my blog. That is sooo nice!!! xo Oh and congrats on your Shea scrappers!!! Lucy was published a few months back and she was sooo happy!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely page jas!! i know what u mean about tiding etc etc with kids.... all i do all day is clean up after kids & try to keep them entertained! and make them food. i look forward to nap times so the house can stay a lil tidier for an extra 1/2 hour and have some scrappy me time. but i only have 2...... haha.... i love my kiddies. AND i hope your kids layouts get published. how exciting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I don't have kids at home anymore but I still feel like I achieved heaps today, maybe it was the weather!!! I love this page Jas and I found the stars right away. Oh and congrats to the children for being accepted to the magazine, I have a subscription so wont miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes one more day here and schools is in :) hey :)
    love your layout you created for WW1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic background Jas & super sweet photo too. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally gorgeous, Jas....love the little hint of template work on the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI.. Love this layout, love how you have cut out the stars, and your kids just take after you, and can create.. and I look forward to seeing their layouts in the kids section!! Tell them well done from me!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love love this so much. Love the cutout star. Great idea as I wouldn't know what to do with it either.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow congrats to all the Jnr Shea Scrappers! :) Bet they were stoked with that.
    This is a great page, the stars, - yes I can see them- look great how they are cut out!
    Super fun photo too.
    Cheers, enjoy that peacefully quiet house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! How awesome. Congrats to all of the Shea scrappers!! Your page is absolutely gorgeous Jasmine...stars and all!! I actually think you did a damn fine job with those stars and that yellow is so happy and bright. :-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awsome =) Love the cut out stars. Beautiful photo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh wow Jas this is just a perfect stunner !!!!! so striking and bold ... love your work xxooxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow!!! How creative to cut/rotate those stars, so cool! This page is definitely eye catching, wonderful work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the 'hidden' stars, they look great. Good luck for your kids getting published.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This is absolutely GORGEOUS! Love everything about it...so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Way to go Shea bunch!! What a proud Mumma you must be, if they are anything like you I bet their pages are awesome!!
    I love your WW1 layout. Stars look fabulous!!
    Hugs
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just love this page Jas, one of my favs!! Love how you've incorporated the stars so they just blend in to your LO. Wahoo for your kids scrappin ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that's so exciting Jas! So happy for you and the kids!! And what a beautiful layout from you too! Crazy about yellow myself & also not so crazy about stars! You've done so well adding them oh so subtly!!

    ReplyDelete