About me, my family and anything scrap related

Friday, August 17, 2012

Playing along at Skissedilla

Skissedilla has some awesome sketches, a very inspirational DT and the entries they receive are just amazing.
And congrats to Georgia Heald (a fellow Australian) on winning the last sketch.  Her page was just brilliant.

So this is the current sketch

I have had this idea in my head to create a page with a big butterfly like you did at school when you put the paint on one half of the page then squished it to the other half.....but I wasn't sure and thought it could look like a total mess so I went with another idea.
I used a butterfly template from the internet, traced it onto baking paper, turned it over and traced it onto my page and then "coloured" it in using Tim Holtz distress inks.


I just love the colours mixed together and these gorgeous pics of DD from her Birthday last week.


I hope you have a fabulous weekend.

We have our boys Football Presentation night, my girlfriend's 40th and a few kids parties thrown in too.
Should keep us all entertained.

Jasx

29 comments:

  1. Wow!!! This looks amazing!!! Love your idea with the big butterfly - the inking looks unreal! Fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally stunning work!!! Love what you did here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous details love everything about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh so beautiful - such a great idea with the butterfly and totally suits your little girl - have an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW Jasmine! This is amazing! Love your background! It`s SO nice with the butterfly. Gorgeous! And the pictures are so sweet. Thanks for playing along with us. Love Brit

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, that butterfly is stunning!! Love the bright colours on this too. Great layout!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FAR OUT Miss J.... This is TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!! That massive butterfly is SUPERB & the bright colors are just Beautiful.... x

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! WOW!!!! Jas its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that big butterfly and the colours are beautiful Jasmine! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH gosh Jasmine this is just breathtaking, your colours and blending, thsoe photos..well everything is just yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you stay awake thru your big weekend!! This is soooo Skissedilla....really amazing - bet they love it over there as much as Georgia's!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just brilliant and breathtaking.
    Love the spritz and flick with the inks, I've been practising techniques with distress inks too. ;)
    fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! Gorgeous! Love that big butterfly along with the colors of the background. Simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Jas this is awesome!!! The bright colors and of course the big butterfly look amazing!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow Jasmine, what a fabulous idea! Looks beautiful, great photo too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh larrrh larrhh love the sketch (never heard of them before) and I certainly adore your layout Jasmine, it is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this layout!!! Love the colors, the beautiful butterfly behind the pictures and the bright colors. Fantastic! :) Looove your name too!! We should be friend.. lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow this looks amazing Jas and I love what you've achieved with the butterfly technique. Clever lady for thinking of an alternative to our primary school butterfly folds...

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my, how amazing and creative is this....
    wow Jasmine! Totally in awe!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is stunning!! I love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I mean stunning with a capital S ... I must still be sick LOL xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW Jas this is one super special page!! Just love it!!! Sounds like you have a busy festive time ahead - woohoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh WOW Jas, that butterfly looks fantastic, love it. Such a gorgeous layout & such beautiful pics. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW! Absolutely gorgeous- the butterfly is stunning! Such a

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! This is just stunning. The butterfly looks amazing.....so clever.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fantastic page!!! I love bright colors! This layout makes me smile!!! Great idea to use that big butterfly!!! And you have painted it perfectly! Love it!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wowzer Jaz! that butterfly is awesome! just love love love the colours and sweet piccies! WTG! xox

    ReplyDelete