About me, my family and anything scrap related

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Have you heard of Paperdvizhnik?

I discovered their site a few months back via Lou Nelson and she just happens to be the guest designer this month.
If you want to check out the site, go here and have a little looksee.  Very arty and unique.

Well I decided to play along this sketch which is this:

And I created this:


I wanted to keep this page relatively simple to focus on the red flower and the photo of my Goddaughter reading the paper on the train.  Just a simple photo that her sister took but one that captured my attention.  I also used the book paper to "symbolise" the paper she is reading.

And sorry to be bombarding you with posts at the moment but I have a few more pages to share before the month is up so I am trying to sneak them all in.

Take care.

Jasx

18 comments:

  1. wow! I have not heard of that site, and that is one awesome sketch.. Love your take on the sketch.. arty and creative and really beautiful too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeously arty...lOVE your red flowers.....must check out this blog:):):) KWYM re: the month running out & more stuff to pop up on the blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH! Jas... You never cease to AMAZE ME!! This is GORGEOUS! LOVE your take on the Sketch...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow Jas new fave new fave new fave !!!! what a fabulous sketch ... must find time to do this one . I am beginning to feel almost normal .... thanks goodness, I am beginning to get tired of doing nothing ... hugz to you x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love your take on the sketch! I'd like to try this sketch too, if I can find the time....so neat looking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh very cool Jas, love how the the book paper and B&W photo draw your eye to the red flower and vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like the perfect sketch for you- your creation is amazing- just love the artsy, minimalist design- fabulous work my friend!!

    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous!!!
    Love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you kept it simple, Jasmine, it really makes it stand out, that flower and the book paper, perfectly bold. Gorgeous! Thanks for the link to another awesome sketch spot :) Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love this!!! I haven't heard of that place! Cool sketch!!! Awesome layout!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Went and checked out that site when Lou posted her first GD page on Facebook. It's really sooo arty and so incredibly inspirational, just like the Russian ballet in Paris in the 1920's or the the cubists breaking ground in the art world early last century. Really LOVE your take on the sketch and you going almost 360 degrees in your expressions!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. ohhhhhh those colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous-love how you've used the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Stunning Jas!! I love this sketch too...its on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  15. cool but difficult looking sketch with the contrasting halves.
    You've done a fab job with it Jas. Love that seam binding bow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Really pretty Jas - the reflective photo goes with the simplicity of the page!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great sketch and LO but more amazing is how you capture life through your photos!!

    ReplyDelete