About me, my family and anything scrap related

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Playing Catch Up - Still

Where do I begin?

All is good but you need to know that I need to be organised to function and well, the last couple of weeks I haven't been so I feel like I am still trying to catch up.

We had an incident at school with DS1 last week. 
To cut a long story short, there are a few boys in his year and they are not nice at all.  They have bullied our son here and there over the past year and have done so again this year.
This happened again last week and also to one of DS's friends (who was physically abused by these boys) so it just shattered us.  I cannot believe boys at the age of 10 can be so mean. And the parents?  They should be accountable too shouldn't they? We are dealing with the school about it and the other mother has taken the matter further so we are hoping this will end. We have picked up the pieces and moved on but unfortunately DS became sick with a cold as did I so it is only today that I am feeling a little better and thought I should try and get back into the daily routine.

And get organised.

I have a couple of Scrappy deadlines by the 20th of this month and I am freaking out a bit....like I said, organised me is normally done by now but......

So popping in with a quick scrappy share....

Bird is the Word this fortnight is using the word DISCOVER.  Remember, you can use this word as part of your title or in your journaling (which I did this time).


So now I am off to take DD to swimming, then to buy footy boots for DS and new shoes for DD, then to take DD to MIL so I can go to work for a bit, pick the boys up from school, then go and pick DD up from MIL, then take DS to footy training, then to meet the family for dinner as it is MIL Birthday......
No wonder I cannot catch up....lol.

Is your day just as crazy?

Jasx

P.S.  Congrats to Sue Plumb who is expecting TWINS.  May the Force Be With You Sue.....lol. 
No you are a lucky lady.  I hope everything goes well for the remainder of your pregnancy.

23 comments:

  1. jas
    i just fell so in love with this layout when i first laid eyes on it. kids can be so hurtful....and the so called cockroaches on my blog pics are actually crickets...lots of them...we are getting at least one every week sneaking into the house and making terrible noises!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Organisation is the key for me too Jas, once things become disorganised life just feels very crazy indeed! So sorry to hear about your son. I hope it stops and you can all move on. Kids can be so mean to each other. :(
    This layout is so pretty, the different textures with the gauze, twine and other fibres looks great. Love how you've made the window around your photo too, to tie in with the quote, very clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope things get sorted out soon with those boys. That's just plain unacceptable! :( I adore your layout so much - those fibres - what you have done with them - wowsers! Love love love your layout! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous page, love all the pretty textures, great page :) great word :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear...bullying! My number one fear for my kids at school. I hope things work out. Poor thing and poor mum and dad too!! Yes..i get the organisation thing all too well. Hang in there. 1 day at a time. Your life sounds just like mine, except..you are doing it x 2 more kids. I take my hat off to you. Take it easy Ok?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Jasmine, I really feel for you, because bullying does affect the whole family. My DS went through a couple of years of bullying (some years ago) and it was heartbreaking for us as parents! I hope the school does something to put a stop to it real soon.
    I know what you mean about the time management thing. I think I've got that same deadline as you on the 20th and I'm just freaking out a little myself. :) We are getting family from overseas to visit in a couple of weeks time and I was so desperately trying to get ahead, but no luck. Lol! I think its just called 'life'. Hehe... hope you catch up soon.
    Btw, your layout is stunning!
    Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just stunning. I love everything about it and how precious is that photo....just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GEE! Hope that's the end of the Bullying for your DS1 & his friend!!!
    your layout is ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!! & when your not feeling 100% things seem to get on top of you even more.... It will all work in the end!!
    take Care of yourself Miss J!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Being a teacher I certainly know that bullies can and do exist , I do hope your son's bullies are stopped soon so he and your family can get on with learning which is what school is all about....beautiul layout as alway Jasmine,

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very beautiful LO Jas, from the photo to the little canvas tag bunting (so sweet - you know how I love tags) I love the BG paper too with all the distressing.
    All the best with your son and school issues - that makes it so hard - we think that we drop our kids off to school and they are safe - it's so sad when horrible things like this happen. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just adore the fibre use in your LO... its just gorgeous through and through! Just love it! I'm sorry to hear about your son. We too unfortunately had this with my youngest DD in Primary school so we moved schools... (had my daughters at different schools), but its what we had to do, and it was the best thing ever. We could have stayed to fight it out, and all I wanted to do was leave it behind as we didnt need the stress. She's now in Year 10 and is all a distant memory. I hope you find solutions soon, hugs bloss
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. SO sorry to hear about the bullying. I fear for that for my kids- we want them to be the confident, popular types who never have to deal with such horrible treatment- but sadly, we don't really have the control over that :(. Kids can be SO mean, it's just incredibly sad. And I agree, the parents should be held accountable too!! I hope you have a good school leader and that you're able to put an end to this...best of luck to you.
    Your layout is fabulously gorgeous, as always :)- what a sweet little girl. Thanks for taking the time out of your busy life to share with us.
    P.S. I understand what you mean about being an organized person and how uncomfortable it is to be UNorganized!! I feel the same lately- drives me nuts when I'm not on the ball and when half the time I don't know where my head is at....hope you can remedy it soon :).
    All the best to you,
    xErin

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely page! I hear ya on the bullying. It's not a fun thing to deal with and is so draining to the big person in charge of making things right for their kid...I hope this week gets you healthy and puts wings under your feet so you can get through all your errands!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bullying...grrr..I had a bad experience with my daughter at school last year but it's over. I hope will end soon because the children are greatly affected, poor kid! I saw your page at BITW and I loved it!!
    Beautiful page, Jas!!! So cute photo! Take care girl!
    Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jas I'm so sorry you are feeling like this! I know exactly what you mean and yes, I feel exactly the same way at times too...And I also have days when my schedule is just the same - so full that there are times I just don't get into my office or onto my computer at all, let alone my scrap desk. Then there are other days when DH helps me out and I have a scrappy marathon (usually on one of the weekend days) and I spend literally 12 hours straight getting back up to speed and feel SO MUCH BETTER!! Your page for BITW is sooooo pretty....Maybe you need to cut down on your DTs as you have the magazine work now too - I am doing that and by the end of April I will only be on 3 - from 6 - as I have something similar to your magazine work that I will be doing {check my blog to see hee hee....}

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I meant to say - I had the same situation with a boy and my son - and I sent him a text myself, telling him I knew all about what was going on and if he didn't stop it immediately I would be reporting him to the school AND his parents - that did the trick all right!! Never another peep out of him...but that was at high school - I told him he must respond to me and agree to stop so that I knew he had received the sms and he did :) Those boys will change their tune as soon as parents and teachers get involved!! Let us know how it all works out xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Jas I am so very sorry to read about the bullying your son and his friend have had...hugs to you all as I can imagine it would affect you all. I fear this the most but it seems to be happening so much lately...so sad! I hear you on the deadlines...I am struggling to find words to write...hehe...BUT I just can't take my eyes off your layout...its GORGEOUS! love all the whispy bits...so magical..take care and have a great weekend :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. firstly Jas ... bullying is so traumatic .... it has always been around and both my children were victims when they were at school .... especially for Mark after he had cancer .. it was horrendous .. in fact he had to leave school ... some of the teachers were pretty horrible too ....
    hope it all works out .. sadly the kids who are like that usually come from sad backgrounds and the cycle of abuse just keeps going .... so difficult to stop the cycle .
    now I did hear a noise awhile ago !!wondered what it was !!!!!?????? I am so excited but lots of work now and deadlines .... will be very busy until June then 2 of my terms on other teams finish ... whew !!!
    AND this layout Jas is so breathtaking ... your work is outstanding .. loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it so much .... you really inspire me , you really do .... thanks for all your love I received your hug just a minute ago LOL !!! lots of love from me xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh Jasmine. That is so heartbreaking to hear that your darling boy is being bullied. It is so wrong and when my William was being punched by another child at Kindy I found that there was more support for the bully. I hope it is resolved quickly. Sending lots of love and hugs.

    Your layout is absolutely breathtakingly beautiful. What a pretty little girl she is!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh Jas, this saddens me to hear that there is bullying going on with your son...kids can be so mean. I pray for the best in this situation for him and your family...I know that when are children hurt, we hurt...a big hug to you.
    Your lo is just beautiful! And that pic is priceless!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I don't have kids of my own but I can totally relate to the situation. As all the ladies before me have said, kids can really be worse than adults sometimes. I also believe that it's the adults, both parents and at school, who should lay the rules and put their foot down. Kids need firmness to know their boundaries. So hoping everything will sort itself out for the better.
    Your page is so beautiful Jas! love the canvas tags and the prettines of all details. She sure is an adorable little princess!! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  22. grrr, I HATE bullying... As a Mum to 5, I totally understand what you are going through. As long as your son keeps telling you about it, at least you can do something to help. Its when they dont tell you that I worry.. HUGS to you, and to your son, and I hope that they will resolve it quickly at the school.

    On a lighter note... Your LO is stunning my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sorry to hear your DS is having such a terrible time Jas.. Luke was bullied quite a bit when he was in Primary School and it was such a difficult time for him.. it really affects their self-confidence!! Luckily once he hit high school he was fine.. they tend to find bigger groups of friends and stick together. I hope the situation is resolved soon. On a happier not I totally ADORE your beautiful LO Jas.. so soft and dreamy and I love the textures here!! What a gorgeous photo of your beautiful girl! Hope you are feeling better soon. Big hugs :))

    ReplyDelete