About me, my family and anything scrap related

Monday, January 23, 2012

Show us your Stuff

Hey girls, just a quick share.
It is very hot in Melbourne and I need to go and feed the kiddies their afternoon tea.

I created a page for Show Us Your Stuff using this sketch (which I have rotated).

The aim is to also use something hand made which I will explain in a min.
Now I don't really enjoy creating big circles from sketches (not sure why) so I try and come up with something a little different.

I was in Sportsgirl a few months ago and they stocked headbands made from wire and little flowers, just like the ones we use.  Well I figured that I had plenty of them in my stash so I went to Lincraft, bought some flower wire for $2.49 (there are approx 50 pieces I would say) and made one of my own for DD.
So we had a photo shoot in the garden (you will no doubt see more of the pics at a later date) and I created another band for my page for the circle element.



Look at those big puppy dog eyes. 
I captured some beautiful photos this particular morning but DD just wasn't happy about posing.  Later that day the poor darling had a high temperature and was unwell for a couple of days.  That could explain the dark eyes.

Ok, off to prepare that snack.

Jasx

18 comments:

  1. Jasmine, backgrounds like the one you used are just un-manageable for me. I admire your creativity and the sense of balance you have. Stunning page. Your daughter is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhh my this is just divine I soooooo adore that head band you have made and your little details...... Superb. Btw huge congrats on your first article in sbm I absolutely love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous Jas. Love your quote, I know exactly how you feel, little girls are like that.
    Loving that butterfly too and your headband, I bet she adores it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a TOTALLY ADORABLE layout miss J.......
    Your girl is such a C.U.T.I.E, that headband looks AWESOME,You know I'm a sucker for butterflies & gorgeous colors!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just beautiful and how precious is your little one. I love the headband and your LO is just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww your little girl looks so cute :) and I adore the headband!! Gorgeous page!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooooohhhh Jassy .. little Emma is a delight !!such a little doll ... and your page matches her beautifully ... stunning work as always xoxo
    now I find CSI a handful too, but thought I would give it a go .... this one the lilac got me but I only put a slip of it .. (paintchips actually LOL) cunning hey ???once I got going it was ok ...
    I think I might go back to Bunnings and get some, more they are handy....
    Baden is slowly progressing ... tough going though.. the surgeon is thrilled with him ...

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGoodness....what a beautiful photo & layout, Jas! I love how you've worked that background paper...although it is a bit "busy" the focus is still on the gorgeous photo :)
    Sorry to hear that the poor little poppet wasn't well :(

    PS. Thank so much for all your lovely comments on my blog - & sorry that I don't get to pop by your blog as often as I'd like. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOHH Jas, adore adore it and thanks for playing along at suys xxxxmmwhaa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Jas, this layout is so devine, love the wire thing, how very creative!!
    Your little daughter looks like a little fairy. Beautiful. Cheers Di xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! What a gorgeous pic Jasmine and I love how you've used that Prima range. Beautiful layout! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Jas! A truly great photo!! I hear you on the heat...absolutely unbearable here too - it is driving me demented - tropical delirium I tell you...

    ReplyDelete
  13. So beautiful Jasmine!!! That photo is completely adorable and I love that circular frame you made. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my gosh!! that is totally darling!
    wow wow wow - its pretty as!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful Jas.. love the softness you have created with the textures and your flower circle is fantastic!! Happy Australia Day :)) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow!!! Jas, this is UNREAL!!! I really really love this layout - the flower circle is gorgeous. Brilliant page and what a way to get inspiration - just love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. This layout absolutely melts my heart. Amazing stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Soooo gorgeous! Love your flower circle, that background...& that photo!

    ReplyDelete