About me, my family and anything scrap related

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Kraft It Up January Challenge

Good afternoon beautiful ladies.

We have just arrived home after a weekend away.  It is my hubby's Birthday tomorrow so we took him away to relax and get away from work for a bit.

Unfortunately when we arrived at our destination, they had double booked and said that I had rang and cancelled my booking.  Not sure why I would have packed 4 kids and a husband and a car load of luggage if I had of cancelled my booking.
So they rang around and we found some accommodation down the road at Anglesea.  Luckily for us, this place was much nicer so we won in the end by receiving better accommodation at the same price (for us, not so for the original accommodation who would later receive the total amount).
And because of the mix up and inconvenience, DH decided to un-stress me by booking an hour massage for me.  How sweet is that?  Well after being pampered for the hour, I booked him one also as a Birthday present.  He enjoyed it just as much.

So we had a great weekend, chilaxing with the kids but home now and yep, 3 loads of washing later.....

I am also playing catch up a bit with my posts.  The month is shooting past already.
So I am here to share with you my final page for Kraft It Up. I have had a wonderful year and I look forward to seeing the new team's work over the coming months.  Thanks Mel for having me on the team.

This month's challenge is to use this color combination:
Please remember your base must still be Kraft Cardstock or Kraft Patterned Paper, you can then add the additional colours from the swatch!

The colours matched perfectly for some beachy photos I had taken in Queensland.

Well I hope you are having a fabulous weekend too.
Thanks for stopping by.
Jasx

12 comments:

  1. Stunning, Love it. The grunge with the flowers, awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome, love what you have done with the combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FABULOUS !!!! gorgeous Jas, loving all of this .... love the scrunches up kraft paper too .. looks awesome ... some of my older pages have this technique .. must do some more I love the look .... and so pleased you had a good time away .. hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jas.. hope you had a fab Christmas and New Year!! LOVE your LO.. such a fantastic take on the colours and so much gorgeous detail and texture which you do so well!! Thanks so much for the inspiration and all the beautiful comments you left for me in the past year. Big hugs :))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful take on the colour challenge - I love how Kraft is still the main colour with small bits of all the other colours - fabulous!! Glad you got to enjoy some time away and that it all worked out in the end ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that layout, Jasmine!
    So much colour and beautiful photos.
    Awesome work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW I simply love your take on this!! gorgeous, gorgeous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous work Jasmine. Loving the bright colours against the kraft.

    Glad that your holiday worked out well in the end. Being stressed is not a great way to start.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those bright bits against the craft & the modern pop of colour against the wrinkled neutral! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend away - we have decided to go away for my birthday in a few months aswell - it's always a bit of an expense but such a great experience...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my this is amazingly yummy! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cool is that crinkled kraft I love that effect and all your little embellies look just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, those colours look awesome against the crinkled Kraft backgound Jasmine!! Stunning layout! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend. Happy birthday to your DH! Hope he had a good day. :)

    ReplyDelete