About me, my family and anything scrap related

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Once Upon a Sketch - 15th December

Well girls, only 10 more sleeps until the man in red comes to visit. 
I am exhausted already and I still have 10 days to go.....We have so many Chrissy functions on and work is busy and the shopping seems never ending.  
But I know that the looks on the kids faces will be worth all of the effort.

So onto some scrappy business.  Being the middle of the month means it is challenge time at Once Upon a Sketch. Now I know you are as busy as me but it would be great if you could find a few hours to join in this challenge and just think, it is one more Chrissy page completed.

Journalling Criteria/themeOur Christmas traditions

We would love to hear how everyone spends Christmas Day. Even if you do NOT celebrate Christmas, what do you do on Christmas Day?

Remember that you are allowed to also create a card or altered project based on this sketch and instead of the journalling criteria you need to use a quote. 
****
Our guest designers and the design team have put together some very inspirational pages so head over here to see some amazing work.
And of course I have to show you mine too. 
I have rotated the sketch and unfortunately, my misting did not do as it was told and I was a little disappointed but onward and upward I say?
I have used a gorgeous Imaginarium Design chippy bracket above and below my photo and some funky alphas also.

So a few things to consider when playing along...

**This is an international blog, so anyone can enter
**You are allowed to create a card, layout or off-the-page item based on the provided sketch and additional journalling criteria. If you are creating a card or altered item you only need to include a quote.
**You are also allowed to flip or rotate the sketch or alter it to suit your needs, but please make sure its still recognisable.
**Post your creation on your blog or an online gallery and link it on the sidebar of this blog using the Link tool. Please provide a direct link to your post, not your entire blog.If the link tool is down, please leave a comment on the comments section and link your layout there.
** The deadline for this challenge is midnight December 31st, Australian Eastern Standard Time . The Design Team will vote and the winners and the Top 5 project will be announced soon after the challenge has finished.
**You may enter as many times as you like and combine this with other challenges.
**Also, please consider turning off word verification for comments on your blog.

Sponsors and Prizes

We welcome one more sponsor to our blog this month!



Les Papiers de Pandore is a small French manufacturer, born in early 2010.
Earth friendly, we try to respect our environment by using recycled papers, vegetable inks, and by printing locally in Provence.
Proud of its "French touch", the brand features classical designs in soft colors.

It is SUPER exciting to have you sponsor us this month!The winner of this challenge, as chosen by the Design Team will receive these 2 paper lines from Les Papiers De Pandore!

                 
****
One more sponsor for our November 15th challenge is the amazing Australian chipboard company Imaginarium Designs . They have been so generous to sponsor us all year with their beautiful chipboard and you can purchase it through Seriously Scrpabooking. They are giving away this gorgeous chipboard collection to one randomly chosen winner. 
***

One lucky person, chosen randomly,  will receive this prize from Handmade By Suzanne!
Tim Holtz Alterations Embossing Folder Set (Dot Matrix)

Thank you Les Papiers De Pandore, Imaginarium Designs and Handmade By Suzanne for sponsoring our challenges this month! We couldn't do this without you. 

****
And I will leave you with a photo of the kiddies with Santa from a Christmas function last night.  
I just love that my 10yo still believes in Santa. 
And I am not sure if Santa has had a few late nights making toys or if he had a looooooong lunch....I would hope not....lol.
And, if you don't already have this App on your phone, you have to get it, it is called OldPhoto PRO and it does this:
Pretty cool hey?

Well good night girls.

Jasx

8 comments:

  1. Your misting is perfect!! and your layout simply perfect!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Lovely page!!!! love how you rotated the sketch...looks great!!! yes, these days are very busy!
    Lovely photo with Santa!! and the old photo looks amazing! Happy Holidays!!! Hugs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photo on your beautifully festive pages just captures the moment perfectly!!! You will treasure that!!! BEautiful page, and those portraits are just gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jas, feeling Exhausted by all the christmas rush here too. Cant' wait til Schools over and I can relax and enjoy things more, two days to go.
    Anyway onto to your lovely creation. :) I think the misting looks fine. Love the red damask paper, and your use of black. And the big white bow..gorgeous. have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooohhhhhhh Jassy !!!!! such an awesome page and that pic is fabulous .... not to mention how magical the family pic with Father Christmas is ..... ooooohhhhh squeals of delight ..... so awesome .... big hugz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful, vibrant page Jas. Love that phone app too... but I don't have an iphone! :( lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. For the first time ever Christmas seems to have snuck up on me, good thing Rob was in charge of presents, he's been a shopping machine! Good luck getting through the next eight days - it's a wonderful time of year :) Oh and awesome LO by the way, I love it when mist goes bad - adds to the unique nature of the LO - beautiful Jas :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your layout is beautiful Jasmine!!! That background paper sure is stunning. Love!!! I too have had trouble with green mist this week. Must be something about green maybe? Yours looks fabulous!! Love your xmas photos. Now I wish I had one of those phone thingies so I could get that app. (So technology challenged here. LOL) :-)

    ReplyDelete