About me, my family and anything scrap related

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A bit of KIU to kick start the new month

Spring is in the air....YAY.  Can't wait for the temperature to start rising a little and the afternoons to grow longer.

So to start off this month I would like to share my Kraft It Up page.
September's challenge is:
to create a layout using Kraft or Kraft Patterned Paper as your base and to use FABRIC & STITCHING.
Now this could be machine or hand stitching the choice is yours and your fabric can be anything from a flower you have made from fabric, fabric ribbons, fabric strips or to use fabric instead of paper the inspiration is up to you but we must be able to see fabric and stitching on your layouts!!!


I have used this gorgeous photo of my oldest DS (from 5 years ago) playing in Goop at kinder.
I had no idea how to journal this page so I decided to go with the recipe for Goop.  If you have never made it for the kids, give it a go, they will love it.  We try and do it each school hols, only when my patience is at a high.....lol.  I also tried to create a "goopy" look on my page.


Happy 1st September to you and thanks for stopping by.

Jasx

16 comments:

  1. WOW Jas!! I just love love love this Layout!!! just amazingly sensational!!!!!
    I just love that paint and love how you worked with that material!!! Great Job
    I cant wait till i give this challenge a go!!!
    Toni
    XOXOOXXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Jas....lovin' the panit...and great pic...looks like loads of fun.
    Thanks for your blog love...so love getting a little feedback...I sooooo pleased SPRING is finally here...looking forward to a little more outdoor fun...cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab page Jas!! Loving those colours against the Kraft especially the white paint! Awesome! Never made goop here so will have to rembember it for the next holidays! :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mega fun layout!!! Love the challenge too! I haven't played along at KIU for ages mainly because I've run out of Kraft... LOL. D'oh! :O

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome page jas! love the goopyness... and the black & white gingham fabric looks really cool too! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jas

    that just looks like something my Bridget would love to get her hands into...like the checked material as a mat for your pic

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome layout Jas!!!! LOVE the white paint on the kraft and your distressing and the fabo mix of pattern papers....everything really!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your LO Jas.. the painted, the colours, the textures, the pic.. pretty much everything!! Gorgeous work!! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG !!! Jas I am speechless !!!!! this is drop dead gorgeous and that pic !!!!!!! love it ... I've gotta do this one ..hugz x

    I'll be doing a tutorial on the tissue flower early next week on my "art and soul" blog, will keep you posted ... xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  10. the messy grungy feel to your layout is just PERFECT for that photo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh great challenge this month and I love your take on it. It's been added to my to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome layout - love the painted background! I love GOOP too make it mostly for playgroup that way my house stays nice and clean ;-)!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous page, love the colours & your 'goop' painted background!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your super funky layout! My absolute favourite bit is the paint on the background...wow..its amazing. I love all your textures and details...love your selection of patterned paper strips and your lovely layered hessian flower. Big thumbs up... :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great layout - very goopy!! You've just given me a brain wave for Cami's market day - thanks!! And BTW I have no idea what type of flowers/berries those Webster's ones are on my page :) Just that they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a fun thing to scrap, Jas! What a beautiful page! Just love the colors you used and they look fantastic on the kraft. Love that you included the recipe!

    ReplyDelete