About me, my family and anything scrap related

Saturday, June 25, 2011

A bit of everything

Hi Girls,
I don't have any work to share.  I am actually on a "No challenges in June month" which I might take into July also.... although I don't know if I can hold off that long. 
This month I have concentrated on my DT work, I have been watching my She Art videos and having a play and also blog hopping and planning future LOs.

But, I couldn't stay away so I am popping in to share some pics and some bits and pieces.

First I just wanted to share this photo.  Remember life before children?  Well I don't really after 9.5 years but I don't imagine my bathroom basin looked like this:

Now just a little note from a bloggy friend Heather Jacob.
She experienced some spam activity on her blog so she contacted our Blogger friends and they deleted her whole blog.
Yep, I guess that fixes the problem.....What the?
Anyway, she is hoping they can retrieve her information but they said it might not be until Wednesday.  If not, she will have to create a new blog.  Fingers crossed they find it.
So, if you can hold tight while she is getting organised, she will be back visiting soon and will hopefully have her blog back.

Have you seen these sneakies from Pretty Paper Petals?

And don't forget happy hour is on 1st July @ 7.00pm AEST

Color Combos Galore reveled yesterday they are having a DT callout.  I cannot wait to see the new team.
This is the inspiration board for any of you who want to tryout.

And I thought I would just stop by with a couple of pics from our Farm Day.  I wont overload you but I will just share a couple of faves:

I just love how the horses are looking at DD in this pic. She had no fear whatsoever.  Just ran up to the horses like she has grown up with them in her own backyard.  Maybe she is the next "Horse Whisperer"!!  Tell me you didn't love that movie too?


Whenever we have taken a drive in the country, I have always wanted to stop at some hay bales and take some photos.  Well, they were everywhere in the paddocks at the farm. How awesome.
I have some better pics but I might use them in a LO at a later date so I will just share this one for now.
(And do you love how I strategically placed the dog in the photo too?)

And next on show is one of my faves.  Just an afternoon stroll down the drive on some horses.  As you do!
And just one to show that BOYS + FOOTY + DIRT = A PERFECT DAY.
Now that is some footy oval hey?

I hope you are having a great weekend.  The sun is still shining in Melbourne. How awesome is that?

Jasx

14 comments:

  1. haha at the bathroom photo - I am not quiet upto that stage.. but I am sure I will be soon. hearing about DT work - and I had no challenges last month, sometimes you have to do things like that uh. Hope you apply for CCG ;)
    Thanks for heather message, hope they do retrieve here information.
    have a good night
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing that you have some great weather there - I thought Melbourne was one of the colder spots in Aus but everyone seems to be complaining about Sydney this year! Loved your newsy post - yes my bathroom looks similar often and the kids' bathroom...well towels hang on the floor & dirty clothes usually make it to the top of the wash basket but taking the lid off is obviously too much hassle!! Wouldn't trade it for the world though...have my DD here from uni & having all my chicks in one basket is just the best :) Now I read with interest that you are not doing any challenges this month, and maybe next, and I am SO GLAD...I just announced last night on my blog that I am not going to be working with so many sketches for now & I have been thinking for a few weeks now that I am just TIRED of the mad challenge run around & want a break too! (Maybe a permanent one!!) The sketch sites are generally a bit disappointing (except for the one I work for of course!)and with the others I'm starting to wonder what's the point??? I have an inspiration folder for each month, going back at least a year, jampacked with layouts I find inspiring, so if I need any inspiration it is at my finger tips. I never have time to submit layouts - I do it once every 6 months at most - and that seems like more of a worthwhile exercise as a) nothing beats seeing your work in print b) you get paid a morsel, better than nothing!! All these random wins with so many people are really like buying a lotto ticket - only harder work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hey Jas!! the bathroom pic, too cute...
    that's pic reminds me of most of my household, with bit lying around everywhere!!!
    LOL! BUT a much I complain about it, I really wouldn't want it any other way......
    NO! Challenges you say? Well come up to financial Year, It may be the case from now too end of July for Me!!! *sigh*
    I will be on 3 DTeams which is perfect for ME.....I still have to scrap a little... hehehehe

    Enjoy your Sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. woohoo.. yay..and i LOVE LOVE those photos.. they are superbly fun and definately scrapable..yay.
    i love that photo of the bathroom..lol..

    and cant wait to see you scrappin ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the farm pics Jas! They will make some stunning LO's (when you finally break your self-imposed challenge ban...LOL). I haven't had much of a scrappy month myself, been too busy making buttons! hehe
    Eeeeeekkkk to Heather's problem too - I tried to visit her blog and wondered what happened, so thanks for letting us know. Here's hoping she has it back & running (in one piece) soon!
    Big hugs to you gorgeous! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your self imposed 'no challenges month'...so thankful you have some DT challenges, ahhh think of the creative deprivation we would go through without them ;)
    Love your photos...LOL I seriously can't remember life without kids, but wouldn't have it any other way :) hehe just wish my bathroom was as neat ;)
    I too have my fingers crossed for Heather, it's such a drastic solution to her problem???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the info on Heather's blog.....I wondered what the problem was when I couldn't visit. Luv your pics.....particularly the one of your DD with the horses.....amazing how they are looking at her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey Jas I am smiling from ear to ear ...I've got my blog back Yippee !!!!!
    ... blogger sent me an email 3 hours ago and said they are very sorry for the mistake ...I am a winner ... thanks for all your love and support.. and you are such a darling for posting about my dilemna on this post .. I am forever grateful ..hugz x
    amazing pics by the way ....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jas, love your photos. Hmmmm...life before kids. It is not that far away (my eldest just turned 5) and I think back fondly to the time before DH and I had kids but then I wouldn't have it any other way hey! There are toys strewn around the whole house and sand all over the car but hey...love them to bits!! I can't believe you are not going to do any challenges for a month and maybe even more. Awww come on...would love to see you over at Get Picky again soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jas!!! wow, love your place(farm) with these beautiful horses, looks you will have a great time with your family, Enjoy Dear!! Hugs!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jas, I am sooo missing your scrapping but I totally understand...had one of those months last month!! Gorgeous photos my girl...look forward to seeing them scrapped! Take care :))xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I love the photo of the bathroom and it is only 4.7 years ago for me and yes I wouldn't have things any other way, I love the photos of your Horse Whisperer, Nate has a little fear of them so this could be something DD really has a future in. Poor Heather, that is awful, I hope they can retrieve her blog. Loved reading and looking at your blog. MElxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. The farm day photos are brilliant Jasmine!!
    I totally get the Lego in the bathroom - I have it scattered from go to woe here...it's unreal where it pops up lol!
    Sorry to hear the latest Blogger catastrophe..poor Heather, glad she got it back :0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like your having fun although that horse pic will make a stunning layout. x

    ReplyDelete