Can you believe it? Another month gone. Vanished. Disappeared. Where did it go in such a hurry?
I had completed this LO earlier in the month too and almost forgot about it. Scrap The Boys this month was to scrap about a collection that your son or husband has.
Which one to choose??? Well, I went with DS1 and his amazing set ups. Since he was very very young he has always loved his set ups which he has passed on to his brothers and sister. Nothing better than coming out and finding a little village of dinosaurs, a carpark or airport of vehicles, a digger construction site in the backyard or LEGO from one end of the house to the other, including in the vacuum.
So I went with these pics I took late last year of DS and his LEGO firefighters.
The yellow Purple Pumpkin button went perfectly and the kids will never know I used a couple of their actual LEGO pieces will they??
And some squishy red paint circles.
The family we met were just lovely and so so welcoming and I think they had as much fun as we did.
The kids fed a baby lamb, fed the chickens (and tried to catch them), rode horses, on their own in the end, rode in a HUGE tractor,, played on numerous tractors (the father in law collects them so they had 3 MASSIVE sheds full of diggers and tractors dating back to the 1920s), climbed hay bales, rounded up sheep in the paddocks, looked for rabbits in the burrows. We saw kangaroos, rabbits, possums, amazing birds, and lots of mice.
I will post some pics soon.
I really recommend doing this next year if you are from the city as the experience was just amazing.
And a couple of girls asked about the mask I used on my WW1 LO. It is a Dear Lizzy & American Crafts Lace Paper called Enchanted Mystical Mary.
Thanks for calling in.
See you tomorrow with some new work for the new challenges.
Jasx
Is that REAL Lego on your page? That Looks AWESOME and I love the PP button there with it. Goes so well with the LO. Glad to hear you had a great day at the farm.
ReplyDeleteLego..I so cant wait for Brae & Piper to get into Lego. Love that page by the way.
ReplyDeleteSounds like the best farm day! cant wait for photos :) x
That is soooooo awesome you used actual Lego on this LO Jas!!! Takes the cake for the best 'non scrap' item I have seen on a page in a while! The farm day sounds like it was heaps of fun, I bet you got the most amazing pics and will have some FAB LO's from them! XXX
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this layout Jasmine and especially because you used actual Lego!!! So awesome. Now I wonder if my kids will notice if I steal some of theirs!! LOL So glad you had such a fun time on the farm. I feel totally spoilt that I can experience that pretty much everyday. I know how lucky I am!!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome collection too! Love the way you scrapped something so important to him. Great colours too. WOW! The day sounds amazing. Just what ANY kid would love.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a fantastic day on the farm Jasmine. Your layout looks awesome! I love the design and the photos are perfect for this challenge. Have a great week. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is an awesome page......Luv the real lego. Totally love everything about this.
ReplyDeleteSensational Layout JAS!! Gr8 design & love the added lego... LOL!
ReplyDeleteGlad you & your family had the "BEST DAY EVER"
on the farm!!!!
XXX
Oh too cute!! Love this...farm day sounds like a blast xoxo
ReplyDeleteLove your layout heaps and heaps Jas! This is def one of my "Jas faves"! :D I think the colours and the Lego it totally awesome! Love everything about it! And so glad you had such a great day! :D
ReplyDeleteOh Jasmine, how gorgeous is this layout, don't you love how their minds work at such a young age, so wonderful, Nate is into role playing at the moment so I will have to do a layout like this. Every time there are animals somewhere, Nate goes in an pats anything, illamas, goats, he stays in there for so long.....oh to go to a farm day like yours. Melxx
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome...the real lego pieces....i'm sure they have hundreds of pieces....they won't miss any....LOL...
ReplyDeleteYou will have to come visit here in tumut-the country- andrew's aunty has a farm-they are a great hit with the kids.....
Cool lego layout! My son used to be just the same but it wore off a few years ago unfortunately!! So glad to hear that it was all "fun on the farm!" :) Did doggie go too?
ReplyDeleteSuch an awesome LO Jas.. love the lego bits and the bright colours mixed with black.. really packs a punch!! Sounds like you had a fab time on your farm visit.. can't wait to see the LO's you create with the picks!! :))) hugs
ReplyDelete