About me, my family and anything scrap related

Thursday, April 21, 2011

A bit of Once Upon a Sketch and A bit of Budz

I missed joining in on the first challenge at Once Upon a Sketch but I made sure it was on my list this fortnight.
I used the Nook kit which is nice and bright to say the least.  I think this is a little "plain".  I think I am slightly obsessed with paint and mist and texture and if it isn't in there, it just doesn't feel complete.

The idea behind this months sketch is to use journaling explaining why you scrapped this particular photo.
Well DD wanted a 'walking puppy'.  This means a real life dog, not just her toy dogs. 
Well Sam is here and she has not left his side so I wanted to record the moment.


And it was my Monday Mojo at Scrapbudz this week. 
When I was at the Paperific Expo a few weeks ago I saw this Combi Van at Twiddleybitz.  I am not really a big OTP 'maker' but it was kinda cute and thought it could hang in the bathroom.  It was actually fun to venture away from a LO.


If you want to see some close ups, you can go here.

No doubt I will be back soon but in case it's not before Sunday, I hope the Easter Bunny hops by your house.
Enjoy!

Jasx

24 comments:

  1. WOW WOW WOW Jas.. First of all i have to say that COMBI wow how fan fabulas is that. I love it every little bit of it... the colours the layout on it every lil detail.. and the layout of the walking puppy wow the colours on that one just make the whole page POP!!!!!! how sweet i bet she is loving the puppy or should i say the walking puppy...LOL
    you have a great Easter too and happy scrapping over the long weekend..
    TONI
    XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS so so much for joining us at Once Upon A Sketch. Its funny, I saw this first at the Nook and would you believe I recognised my sketch for Once Upon A Sketch..LOL..Then I come here and it was confirmed!!

    Well this is just a super amazing layout. I know you think its simple, but its still a wonderful layout! I love the way you used the Nook kit here...cant wait to see what else you have made with it.

    The bus looks ..oh divine! LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Plain? Never!Fab colours and all your little details rock. So cool that you have a walking puppy - now your little family is complete :) I love your funky combi too - my family had the real deal when I was kid but it wasn't nearly as awesome as yours lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layout and a new puppy where do you get the time, also like the camper van looked like a lot of fun to create, happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nothing plain about it. I think the colours and the way you've positioned everything on the page makes it stunning. Your combi is so fun too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it.. and totally agree its not plain... love those photos and its definately a memory to cherish..yay..
    and the combi.. wowzersooni.. that is super dooper fantastically cool.. LOVE It..

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great Jas! Thanks for playing along at Once Upon a Sketch! You have done a great job & I am soooooooooo in love with those papers at the moment - all layouts just look great with them - even with no mists & paint LOL! Funnily enough I did one with For the Record recently & didn't use mists or paints either :) The bus is an OTP masterpiece - full of perfect detail - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww what a gorgeous Story behind the Layout!
    oh and i saw your combi van At scrapbudz. It's Fantastic!!! Happy Easter. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your layout!!! I know what you mean when you use paint heaps - but seriously it looks fantastic!!! It's just because you are used to the paint/mist to "finish it off". LOVE it. And now to your OTP MASTERPIECE!!! And yes that is what it is! I am crazy about that! Best OTP ever. It's freakin' awesome Jas!!! Funky wowza it rocks. Have a lovely weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply adore you 'walking puppy' layout Jamine! It's so sweet. And for the combi... I think its absolutely brilliant!!
    Have a wonderful Easter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Eeeeehhhh! The Lo is fantastic, but the truck? It 's wonderful! Congratulations and thank you for participating with your page with Once Upon A Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG that combi van is about the cutest thing Ive ever seen... I sooo need one of those.... and ummm, NO JAS, theres nothing plain about that LO :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That Combi van is just SUPER awesome JAS!!!
    Love your LO, I understand YOU think plain jane... BUT not at all such gr8 bright colors its just awesome, Cute photos too....
    enjoy your your weekend!
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  14. the van just blew me away!
    great LO too, thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Jasmine that layout is so adorable. Love that puppy and what a brilliant and loyal friend for your kids...once the nipping stops!! And that combi van is totally fantastic. I love it!! I want to do one too now!! Have a great Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love too the paper in this month's Nook Kit and I just love your stunning layout and how cute is Sam...I bet your daughter is super happy, what a great present...and wow the OTP, how cute is that van, I love it, ingenious with the open doors. Melxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous Jasmine! I received those papers in my DT kit from YSS last month and I sooo loved working with them too. So bright and happy just like your layout.
    -Well and that van...I can only second what the others said...
    Thanks for playing at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Totally beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous photos and page, Jas, and that van is just TOO cute! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The van is so adorable!! Great job Jasmine!

    ReplyDelete
  21. oh I hear ya! I too suffer from the "must make mess on my layout or it's not complete" syndrome! But this is still stunning all the same! And the combi van....... I LOVE IT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Jasmine, i have the same obsession lately! If i don't mist or paint a bit, something is wrong...LOL I love your layouts with or without paints!!! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your take on the sketch Jasmine - the colours are fabulous and your Twiddleybitz combi van - OMG what a fantastic set of wheels - totally cool

    ReplyDelete