Anzac Day is a national day of remembrance in Australia and New Zealand and is commemorated by both countries on this day, 25th April every year to honour members of the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.
25th April has always been a special day to me too because, it's My Birthday.
Happy Birthday to Me
Happy Birthday to Me
Happy Birthday Dear Jas
Happy Birthday to Me
I am 38 today. Wow, where do the years go. I still feel 21......well maybe 37 anyway.
It is also my nephew's Birthday, he is turning 10.
And it is a big day in our house for AFL, Collingwood (me, my Mum and DD) vs Essendon (DH and DSx3).
So while I am here, I have a little something to share scrap wise.
On our retreat last weekend a few of the girls were trying their hand at She Art. I am assuming by now most or all of you would have heard of it. If not, head over here and you can see the details.
They were amazing and certainly inspired me to have a try.
So this week I had a play, before signing up and this is what I created (I actually sent it to Ebony first in case it was really bad and I should hide it forever. She loved it so thanks Eb for your feedback.)
I have now signed up and cannot wait to learn more about it. I started watching the videos last night and there is just so much you can do.....love it.
I sort of made up my quote (or it may be one of them as there are so many) because when life is just crazy and the kids are driving me insane (and the dog is pooping 6 times a day), I still know that I am truly blessed to have the life I have.
And your next challenge word at Bird is the Word is Begin or Beginning.
Head over to see the wonderful examples from our DT. I just love looking at how everyone has such different styles.
This challenge was perfect to create a LO of our new house (well 6 months old now) and the next chapter in our lives.
Jasx
P.S. Thanks for your comments in advance. I just love hearing your feedback and make sure you tell me the truth about my gal.
HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I HOPE you do have a wonderful day with your family!How special! Always a day off on your birthday huh?LOL!
ReplyDeleteOk the she art is just amazing! WOW Jas..you are really onto something. I will have to check that out. I love your BITW layout..so fitting for the challenge word. I also love the misted fence background!Lovely work Jas!
Have a lovely day! Nadia.
Hip hip hooray! It's your Birthday - have a wonderful day and I hope those Magpies fly straight! Now about your girl - I love, love, love your background - gorgeous colours, gorgeous texture. Your girl is mighty fine too and your quote is excellent - but can I be honest? Please? The fact your girl has no facial features worries me - is this a feature of she art? I really don't want you to be a faceless girl Jas (hope that wasn't too honest - please tell me off if was). BTW your house LO is awesome - the misting over the printed paper is very cool, as is the funky design :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Jas. So lucky to have a public holiday on your birthday every year lol Hope you are spoilt rotten today and enjoy yourself very much. Love your Bird is the Word layout. xo
ReplyDeleteHAPPY Birthday sweet lady....hope you have the bestest birthday ever!!
ReplyDeleteSoooo love your bird is layout....totally gorgeous...awesome even...have a fab day {{{{{birthday hugs}}}}}.
Huge birthday wishes to you Jasmine, hope you enjoy a brilliant day :)
ReplyDeleteLove your 'she' art, just fantastic!!! I also love your 'beginning' layout, simply stunning...great use of the stamps, love the misting & the texture!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY gorgeous girl.. I hope you are having a fabulous day!!! LOVE your She Art creation and your BITW LO is absolutely gorgeous.. love the misted background and muslin!! sending you big birthday hugs :)
ReplyDeletehappy birthday jas!! a friend of mine just had a baby boy this morning too!! fabulous artwork... LOVE it. :)) x
ReplyDeletehappy birthday Jas, hope you have a fabulous day, I am totally knocked over by your canvas, man it is totally AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeletehip hop HOoraY its YOUR birtHDay.. happy day to you..woohoo..
ReplyDeleteand i must say your bird layout is gorgeous..yummy and wowzers..
and that girl well SHE definately has a great set of pins on her..woohooo.. might have to have a look at SHE ART..... love it..woohoo.. stunning.. wowzers.. love it.
A big happy birthday to you - have a fabo day!! Love your artwork - it's really good - I shall have to check out that link.
ReplyDeleteAnd I love your LO too - all inspiring.
Happy Birthday Jas!!
ReplyDeleteWell done on your She art! She's gorgeous, love the paint effect you've achieved! HOpe you've had a great day and your team won too, woohoo :)
Happy Happy Birthday to you JasXOXOXOX
ReplyDeleteI hope your day was full of love and time with your family.....
I love that Layout!! WOW!
Have a great week
TONI
XOXOXOX
happy birthday.....we are the same age....or will be when i turn 38..i'm planning on going on a retreat for my birthday celebrations...love your mixed media....what do you mean it is no good...in your opinion...don't know if anyone would not like it...i love it!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday Jasmine!! I hope you had a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteYour She Art creation looks awesome and I love your house layout too!!
Happy Birthday!!! Love your work!
ReplyDeleteHappy, happy Birthday Jasmine!! 38 - You are still a spring chicken :) NO idea what you are talking about SHE art but looks like art journaling on canvas to me & looks like you have done a stunning job mixing your mediums there - I likey a lot!!! And I love your second layout too - that olive shade is beautiful & your new house looks fab :)
ReplyDeleteSUPER HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR GIRL, and I have to tell you, you look 30 max to me....and I have to tell you I have been watching this type of art for a while now and wanting to try some myself and I just love your gorgeous gal, the dimension and the little bit of lace to the gorgeous quote you made up. I am loving the freedom of this art form. Your beautiful house is perfect for the challenge at Bird too. Your work is gorgeous, have a beautiful day. Melxx
ReplyDeleteHEY JASMINE! Sorry im a day late (BUT late than never... LOL!) A BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe SHE art??? nope have no idea... BUT that looks Awesome!! & LOVe love your BITW LO of your house... it looks totally awesome with the misted fence background!! Hope you & your family are enjoying your easter/Anzac Break....
XXX
JASMINE !!!!!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY HAPPY ........BIRTHDAY!!!
I HOPE you do have a wonderful day with your family!
Hugs from Brazil
With love
Cynthia
WOW!! I love your she art - I wish I would have signed up for it now - darn it, definitely next time ;0)
ReplyDeleteYour layout is fabulous as usual!!
Love it!!
I hope you had a wonderful birthday :0)
xoxo
Happy Birthday! :D I love your artwork - how cool is that!!! Wow Jas! I'm very impressed! And your layout is one of my faves - really beautiful! xo
ReplyDeleteHappy Happy Birthday to you!!! sorry I'm a couple of days late!
ReplyDeletelove the SHE art canvas....mmmm i think i will have to have a go...bit scared!
love the house LO....very simple...but that PP works soooo well with the LO!
just love your stuff Jas!!!
Happy (belated) Birthday Jas!!!! Sorry I'm late but hmmm...technical difficulties!! Your layout is just stunning and that She Art is completely AMAZING!!!!
ReplyDeleteHey Jas, sorry I'm late - been on holidays. Hope you had a fantastic birthday, and being a Collingwood girl myself, Anzac day was great :) Your She Art is fabbo, I must check out the details, and I love your BITW LO - great textures, misting, everything.
ReplyDeletehave a great day
xx
happy b'day to you gorgeous xoxoxox
ReplyDeletelove these LO's jas especially "the bird is the word" page ... very "yummy and scrummy" ... hugz x
Gorgeous LO and a Happy Belated bday to you!! Hope you had a fabulous day!!
ReplyDeleteHAPPY Birthday Jas...sorry I missed your actual birthday but I really hope you had a great day :))
ReplyDeleteOh man that art work is just stunning!!! Me thinks I have to join up now too...lol!!
xx
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hopeyou had the best day!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYou know I love your she art!!!!!!!!!!
Happy BIrthday gorgeous lady love your she art
ReplyDeletexxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Happy Birthday !!!!!!! a little late but I hope you had a very nice day!!! You She art is Awesome!!! love your lo page and your house looks Fabulous!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work as always!!! Hugs!!:)