About me, my family and anything scrap related

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

You know the show How I Met Your Mother, well here is


(you might need to click on the LO to read it)

I came across this photo of hubby and I taken sooooooo long ago.
Being number one fans of HIMYM I thought I would use that title (but change it to Father of course as I am telling the story) and tell my kids the story of how we met. I guess it is something we both know but the kids or future generations might not have known if I had never done this LO.

I have been wanting to use an old sewing pattern on a LO but have not been able to find one yet so, I used baking paper and scrunched it and then painted it with white and yellow. Now if you use your imagination you can sort of see that it is like a sewing pattern without the pattern bit. Can't you??

The yellow gingham flowery thingy is made by me too. I must get around to making some more.

Jasx

11 comments:

  1. ...really really cool layout! I love evrything about it. Arent the handmade flowers cool and easy to make? It looks so good on this page. A real contrast. And I like the story of how you met lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that show!! And what a great page. I can't believe I never thought of this. I am going to have to scraplift your fabulous idea!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally LOVE this Jas!! You are very creative!! Love your handmade flower...so cute :)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a great idea Jas - love how you incorporated the title into the journalling, very clever. LOL at the photo - Nick has HAIR!!!! dont tell him I said that....
    Going to haveto steal this idea too - maybe it could be next months challenge....

    ReplyDelete
  5. okay.. so how extremely clever are you.. baking paper..now i'm going to have to try that.... seriously..

    an i love that layout..the journalling. the random stitching.. and of course the photo an its mattes.. awesome... fantastic...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are sooo clever and I am sooo stealing your baking paper idea! Love this Jas - the way you did the title rocks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jasmine..thanks for your lovely comments. Really...thanks!I do appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for voting for me - I really appreciated it and it has made my day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic idea... My daughter is mad about the show also. I can't tell you how many episodes I've watched. Your lo looks gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. brilliant idea. Gonna lift your idea!! Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete