About me, my family and anything scrap related

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Spring is here and so are new Challenges

Happy First Day of Spring, although it is very wet here in Melbourne today.

Ok, so to kick start the month and to get your creative juices flowing, here are a few challenges for you to start working on.

Stuck?! Sketches
Don't forget that the birthday bonus sketches and blog hop don't finish until September 10th, so still a few more days to get your entries in for those :-)

1st Sept sketch is this:

and this is my creation.

My mother-in-law is the beautiful gal on the left and two of her gorgeous sisters with her. I loved this sketch and I loved creating a LO that is all girly and pretty.

Challenge Heaven has many challenges to chose from so pop over and I'm sure you'll find one or more things to try. This was my creation for the Word Challenge - Use the word Heart in your title. Criteria: Use 2 types of alphas for your title.

I just loved this butterfly paper and this photo of DD but it was really hard to add embellies too so I kept it simple and added a touch of yellow.

Next was the Number Challenge – 1 pic, 2 pieces of ribbon, 3 patterned papers, 4 word title.

How cute is my little DS? It seems like soo long ago that he was this little little boy.

And then there are The Lollipop Ladies who are here to tempt you again with their sweet challenge

and the extra challenge is to use some cellophane or acetate on your creation.

I used the heart shapes as my inspiration to create this LO


and if you look closely, you can see my bon bon button in cellophane.


Well, I think that should help you start working in the month of September.

Take care and I'll be back soon.

Jasx

8 comments:

  1. Hey Jas, I love your LO for the Lollipop Ladies. It looks fabulous. I can't believe you stuck all those hearts on your page. You are one patient woman.
    Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all your LO's Jas, but my fav is the one for Lollipop Ladies... all those coloured hearts look fantastic and what an adorable photo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great LO's! Love your take on the Stuck?! Sketch :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou Jasmine for visiting my blog, your work is lovely, especially love that first one very feminine and girly

    ReplyDelete
  5. All your layouts are SO beautiful. Your take on the Stuck?! sketch is very lovely.
    Thanks for the comment on my blog :-D

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI - Remember me?? Long time looker - first time commenter... Love all of these LO - esp the one of Lewis... how cute is he and his fat little tummy!!! too cute. Love the others too, very pretty and girly and to marcia - yes she does have OCD!!
    is that enough??? Mel

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS - cellophane bon bon is an awesome idea - thanks for the inspiration you bring us each month Jas

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful layouts. Love the one that you've done for Stuck sketches. :)

    ReplyDelete